On the 23rd of September ABN AMRO and online platform Sustainabonds hosted a virtual roundtable discussion on the state of play in the corporate Green & Social Bond market. The event was joined by experienced Green Bond issuers Enexis, Philips, Schiphol and Vesteda as well as key investors BMO Global Asset Management and NN Investment Partners.
To share the key takeaways of the event with a wider audience, Sustainabonds published a detailed write-up of the online roundtable discussion. The report outlines experiences of the participants with the Green & Social Bond market as well as their views on recent developments.
In particular, the report shares the views of the participants related to:
- The development of the market in 2020 and the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic
- Investor views on the growth and future of the market
- Issuer experiences with issuing Green, Social & Sustainability Bonds
- The benefits of issuing Green, Social & Sustainability Bonds
- Recent developments: the EU Taxonomy and EU Green Bond Standard
- The Pros & Cons of Sustainability-Linked Bonds