Today NN Investment Partners (NN IP) announces the launch of its Responsible Investing (RI) Summer Course, which is a think tank initiative held in collaboration with leading academics from universities around the globe. They will deliver a series of virtual, interactive lectures on sustainability, behavioural psychology and sustainable finance between 29 July and 22 September. These will be freely accessible to investors worldwide.
The course is part of NN IP’s UpsideDown series, a thought leadership initiative to help investors understand the disruption the world is experiencing due to Covid-19. As part of the series, NN IP has also staged a digital event examining the impact and implications of Covid-19 from an RI perspective that included special guests Joseph Stiglitz, the Nobel Laureate and former World Bank Chief Economist, and Peter Diamandis, author of ‘’The Future Is Faster Than You Think’’ and co-founder of the Singularity University.
Adrie Heinsbroek, Principal Responsible Investing at NN Investment Partners: “The pandemic has heightened the focus on responsible investing, innovation, sustainable behaviour and highlights the link between corporate adaptability and the resilience of sustainable investments and their performance. To ensure a stable economy, we believe that the focus needs to shift towards a better balance between social and economic factors to make companies more future proof and better able to withstand disruption. We are launching the course to together with our clients better understand these areas and share views.”
NN IP is co-organising the summer course with the Academy of Business in Society (ABIS). The aim is to educate investors about the impact Covid-19 has had on government, corporate and individual behaviour and to what extent the changes we have seen are here to stay. It will also explore how RI will be implemented in the future. The CFA Institute, the premier global association for investment management professionals, appointed one Continuing Education (CE) Credit per lecture.
The speakers confirmed for the Summer Course include:
- Alex Edmans, London Business School: The new normal, exploring the shift from shareholder to stakeholder management (United Kingdom)
- Emma Macdonald, University of Warwick: Consumer behaviour and sustainable lifestyles (United Kingdom)
- Satu Teerikangas, Turku School of Economics: Change agency for a sustainable future (Finland)
- Cary Krosinsky, Yale University: How is China stimulating the transition to a more sustainable society post Covid-19 (United States)
- Nicolas Mottis, École Polytechnique: Corporate Social Responsibility & Responsible Investing: an accelerated convergence after the crisis? (France)
- Enrico Giovannini, University of Rome Tor Vergata: Moving towards transformative resilience (Italy)
- Lawrence Loh, National University of Singapore: Strong Institutions for Responsible Investing: Business Integrity in ASEAN (Singapore)
- Fenna Blomsma, University of Hamburg: Green recovery and circular economy (Germany)
The series of lectures will be streamed live and will be accessible on demand after registration. For more information, see the full programme and registration, click here.