The Global Research Alliance for Sustainable Finance and Investment (GRASFI), a new network of global research universities established to promote rigorous and highly impactful academic research on sustainable finance and investment, is holding its inaugural conference at the European Centre for Corporate Engagement (ECCE) at Maastricht University School of Business and Economics.
The conference, which is entitled “Managing and Financing Responsible Businesses”, will host papers on sustainability with major contributions to complementary disciplines such as finance, accounting, management, strategy and development economics.
The Conference Committee encouraged submissions of thought-provoking working papers with theoretical, empirical, or methodological and research-design contributions (see the Call for Papers). Examples of topics include:
- The business of business: profit, purpose, and alternative organizational forms
- Making sustainability an integral part of companies: implications for strategy, management, finance & accounting
- Climate change: implications for businesses and institutional investors
- The role of corporate governance mechanisms and active ownership in promoting sustainability
- Impact investing: measuring social impact alongside business results
- Behavioural factors affecting individuals and the sustainability of markets
- Philanthropy and effective altruism
- Big data, FinTech and financial innovation for sustainability
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)