UN Global Compact Network Netherlands and CIRCL Movement invite you to register for our in-person “Principles on Integrated SDG Investments and Finance” event on 17 October 2023 from 9:30–12:00, taking place at ABN AMRO Headquarters in Amsterdam.
Join this output-oriented event to:
- Gain insights on how to create a market for mainstream SDG investments, and decision-making processes based on SDG impact, alongside financial risk and return investment criteria.
- Get inspired by the keynote speech of Javier van Engelen (CFO and Member of the Board of Management at Signify) and a fireside chat with Philippa Nuttall (EU Correspondent at Financial Times‘ Sustainable Views).
- Exchange opinions during roundtable discussions with subject experts, and make the most of the exclusive networking opportunities.
Walk-in & Registration (9:00-9:30)
– Opening by UN Global Compact Network Netherlands
– Keynote Speech by Javier van Engelen (Signify) and Fireside Chat with Philippa Nuttall (Financial Times)
– Briefing and Q&A Around CFO Principles on Integrated SDG Investments and Finance
– World-Café style Roundtable Discussions:
- Round 1 on “Creating a relevant and organization-specific SDG impact thesis”.
- Round 2 on “Creating a suitable and integrated SDG investment strategy”.
- Round 3 on “Creating and integrating corporate SDG Finance”.
- Round 4 on “Integrating financial reporting and communication”.
– Recap and Closing
Networking Lunch (11:30-12:00)
Who is this event for?
- Senior Finance Professionals (E.G. Senior Financial Managers, Senior Accountants, Senior Controllers, and others).
- Senior Financial Reporting Experts.
- Senior Investment Experts.
- Other Finance Professionals with a mandate and willingness to bring about change in their respective organizations.
Please note that, due to the output-oriented style of the event, the seats are limited to a maximum of 40 participants. Reserve your seat NOW.
Background on the CFO Principles
Since launching in 2019, the UN Global Compact CFO Coalition for the SDGs has addressed this financial gap and developed the CFO Principles on Integrated SDG Investments and Finance, published in 2020. These four principles supplement the UN Global Compact’s 10 Principles and provide guidance to companies as they transition towards sustainable development and seek to mobilize corporate finance and investments to achieve the SDGs.
What will be the outcome of this event?
This event will kick-start the engagement of the UN Global Compact in The Netherlands around the theme of Sustainable Finance and the CFO Principles. As a follow-up, the outcome report will be conducted and shared with all participants and the UN Global Compact for further action.